Friday 9 May 2014

Autumn 995 - Campaign Update

The summer saw The Abyss be almost destroyed. Stygustan lost control of its artefact to Mangu and Altengard has made inroads into the Tropilium Empire. Tropilium teeters on the edge of a great fall and may soon only be known from its works of art. The Black Moon Incarnate continues to make progress, bringing despair to all. The End Times are clearly upon Talomir. With the gathering of the harvest, the nations of Talomir once more vie for supremacy.
Talomir at the start of Autumn, showing only those parts where battles will occur
Going to War
Altengard invades Tropilium
Black Moon Incarnate invades Mirish
Mirish invades The Abyss
Northern Tropilium invades Stygustan

With The Abyss all but destroyed, Mirish chooses to focus on the demonic army within its borders.

Battles
Altengard versus Tropilium
Black Moon incarnate versus Mirish
Northern Tropilium versus Stygustan

Magic Items
The Spear of St Lindorf has been recovered by Preceptor Cedric of Harbottle and is now in the hands of the Brethren. As long as it remains in the hands of the Brethren then it may be carried by Brethren mercenaries in the employ of one of the nations of Talomir. Instead of hiding it, the Red Sun has decreed that the mercenaries employed by Treyine should carry it until they fall. This means that a Brethren unit in the Treyine army must carry it in battle. If that unit routs then the Spear may be lost.

8 comments:

  1. The end times are at hand! I need to work on my St. Lindorf banner. With Mother's Day here this weekend I don't think I'll get much done for the next few days. But watch out for N. Tropilium vs. Stygustan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. End of the month is fine, or possibly into next month. I have exams and work and family stuff to do over the next couple of weeks, so I shall not be pestering for battle reports in the near future.

      Delete
  2. While I am thinking about it, this year marks the 5th anniversary of the Talomir Tales campaign. How should that be celebrated? With large cardboard medals? Cardboard shields with coats of arms on them? It really needs to be something cheap and cheerful. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google ate my last reply. An award sounds great. I seem to recall the Imaginations people awarding each other medals. I have some ideas. I think something electronic one could display on their blog or as an avatar. I'll email you when I get a better idea.

      Delete
    2. Yes, an award for on the blog sounds good. I was thinking of mailing out cardboard Orders of the Garter or something more appropriate to the tongue in cheek nature of Talomir Tales. Perhaps a coat of arms for the country with all the trimmings and a part that indicates the 5 year celebration?

      Delete
  3. Very nice update.
    Would be nice to have an animated map to show the progress of each armies, a-la-civilization summary (first version)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about that for the battle reports. It would make fighting the battles take longer, but I could then do them as an animation to show exactly how everything moved. I shall have to learn how to do this.

      Delete
  4. I was more thinking on the map (showing territory changes from hands) :)
    Best option is to make it as a gif.

    Current batte reports are better in picture, it takes time to see all small details and appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.